I never thought to cook or buy this kind of bird before, until my nearest butcher was ran out of chicken supply. And I didn’t regret that as now I can proudly say I know how to cook a Guinea Fowl.
So I decided to make a braised guinea fowl with some vegetables that I have left in my fridge. Here is my recipe:
- A whole guinea fowl, ask your butcher to cut it properly
- Mix of wild mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons of veal stock powder (chicken)
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 or 4 carrots, cut in half, then chopped 5 cm
- 500 gr of baby potatoes, washed and keep the skin
- 50 gr of salty butter
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- salt and black pepper for the rub.
Boiled the baby potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain it. Place some butter in pan, sauté de potatoes until their skin is golden brown. Set a side. Do the same thing with carrot – but you only need 5 minutes to boil it.