New recipe is coming! The chillies chicken drumsticks is one of my basic recipes using some basic ingredients (chillies, tomatoes, garlic, and onion). You can cook any meat with these basic ingredients that you usually have at home. It is very easy and tasty. If you’re not a fans of spicy food, this recipe is not spicy at all, but make sure you de-seeds the fresh chillies and add enough tomatoes.
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- one pot of red chilli purée
- 2 red chillies (de-seeds and thinly sliced)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 lemon grass
- 2 lime leafs (optional)
- Juice of half lemon
- olive oil
- cooking butter
- black pepper
- 1 tbs of caster sugar
For serving: Rice or fried potatoes, cucumbers or pickles and salads.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil and cooking butter in a medium-high heat. Put the chicken drumsticks and cook it until brown, add some black pepper, stir again and set aside on a plate.
- Use the rest of the oil and fat from the chicken to stir the onion, garlic, lemon grass, and lime leafs until you can smell the perfume
- Add fresh red chillies, cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chilli purée, caster sugar and some cooking butter and stir it using the wooden spatula until mixed (make sure that the sauce does not dry at the bottom of the pan).
- Add the chicken drumsticks and some chopped tomatoes, mixed it well, put the lead and let it cooked for at least 20 minutes, but don’t forget to stir it every 10 minutes.
- Normally there will be some water from the juice of fresh tomatoes, turn the heat off when there’s no more water and add some juice of lemon.
- Serve it with cooked rice or fried potatoes, cucumber and salads.
p.s. Chilli purée usually contains salt, so you do not need to add some salt.